- Rice Noodles (or if unavailable a wide linguine or fettuccine will do)
- 1 Red Bell Pepper
- 1 Green Bell Pepper
- 1 Large Onion
- 1 Head Broccoli
- 3 cloves Garlic
- 1 Tbs Minced/Grated Ginger
- 8 oz Mushrooms
- 2 Tbs Sriracha
- 3 Tbs Soy Sauce
- 1 Tbs Rice Vinegar
- 3 Tbs Brown Sugar (or Maple Syrup)
- Mince garlic and ginger into paste. A good way to do this is to crush small pieces with the side of your knife and then mince. Put in small bowl.
- Add in Sriracha, Soy Sauce, Rice Vinegar, and Brown Sugar and whisk. Set aside.
Tip: Doing this first lets the flavors meld together, especially the fresh ginger and garlic.
The Main Dish
- Cut the peppers and onion into large strips, and your broccoli and mushrooms into large pieces as well. Steam them in a large pan until the colors are vibrant.
- Boil your noodles until al dente. Drain and RINSE put back into pot.
- Add veggies and sauce to pot over medium low heat and stir occasionally, cooking for 2-3 minutes. Overcooking will make the garlic and ginger become bitter.
- Make sure you don’t overcook your noodles otherwise they will become mushy later on. Rinsing helps remove excess starch so do not skip this step.